Monday, April 7, 2008

Americanas en el Capital


This weekend, I went on an overnight trip to Madrid with my Art History of Spain class. It was fun to actually see the city, not just be in its airport (and we even got to take the AVE there). And, of course, we saw ART, ART, and MORE ART; my favorite was the impressionist work. We visited the Prado (where we saw lots of El Greco), the Reina Sofia (which had a temporary collection of Picasso works that were never sold AND Guernica), the Palacio Real, and Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza (which had some great impressionist pieces by Monet, Pissarro, Degas, etc. and also Dali's "One Second Before Awakening from a Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate," which I was really surprised to see.. and this was all in a private collection!) We also craved American food this weekend (which is weird for me because at home I usually don't like typical "American" food at home), so we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. And, ironically, our hotel was at the Madrid metro stop "Sevilla" (see below).









No comments: