Friday, April 4, 2008

Foggy Londontown


Last weekend, Norah and I made our way to foggy Londontown to visit all our Ithaca friends who are studying at IC's London Center. We stayed in Luke, Seth, Mary, and Mallory's flat, which was just a block from where Tony Blair lives!!!! (And I even got a bed to sleep in because Mallory was away for the weekend!) It was really awesome to see everyone, although it was raining (of course!).

It was actually really weird to hear people speaking English all around us because this was the first place we've been to this semester where everyone (well, almost everyone) speaks English. We're used to being able to talk about people in front of them because they PROBABLY won't understand us (haha).

A few of the touristy highlights: the Tower of London Bridge, the London Bridge (lame.. it's not even the real one!), fish and chips and Strongbow, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Mind the Gap!, tea and crumpets, Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station (from Harry Potter), hot cross buns, the Globe Theatre, Hyde Park, Borough Market, chocolate-covered honey combs, Piccadilly Circus.

Some pictures:












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pink jacket has taken you far!
(it seems like "Where's Waldo's" striped shirt!)Mom

Janet said...

Aww I'm so sad I didn't get to see you when you came to London.. but it looks like you had a great time. Only one month left for us and then we're headed back to NY - and then next semester it's Circle 16-08 baby!!!!
Sooooo excited.

P.S. John IMed me and said he and Jake officially surrender about the singles/double battle. I think it was your deceivingly sweet email that did it, for real. lol